The perlite is an acidic, glassy volcanic rock containing a certain amount of adherent water and a small amount of crystalline phase, too (feldspar, quartz etc.)
By the effect of an abrupt warming up the perlite gets into a pyroplastic state and the pressure of the inner adherent water creates a spatial expansion. The extent of the thermal expansion changes depending on the quality of the raw material, the expansion temperature and time between 1:10 and 1:20.
Hungary's only one perlite
quarry is to be found in Pálháza. The quarry has been in operation since
1959. The milling, drying and grading of perlite is made in a dressing
plant near-by the quarry, according to the demand of the customers.
Perlit-92 Kft. has opened its second mine in 2006, that ensures raw perlite
supply for another 80 years. Important developments in the last 5 years:
- environment protection
- mining machinery
- development of the grinding and classifying works
- modernization of transport
We perform our work on the
basis of the "Declaration on Quality Policy" of the ISO 9001
Quality Assurance System qualified by TÜV CERT.
The validity of the certificate (is): 05.11.2013.
Major applications of the expanded perlite:
industry and equipment operating on a high temperature:
- Heat insulation (mortars, plasters, önterülő insulations)
- Making of lightweight constructions (light concretes)
- Perlite sheets and forms
- Filtering of beer, edible oil, vinegar, syrups
- Filtering of antibiotics
- Amelioration, planting, liquid dung treatment, carrier for plant protection agents
- Blotting of oil pollutions from water surface, filtering of swimming pools'
- refrigeration technique, heat insulation
production, plastic industry:
The raw perlite gets to an extensive application on the area of metallurgy and foundry as slag enchaining and insulating cover dust.
The applications of perlite are continuously broadening. In the countries where special attention is paid to the protection of the environment the environmental friendly perlite is more and more used instead of artificial materials of similar properties.